When it comes to any loan, it is very important to understand what will be your EMI (Equated Monthly Installment), how long you will have to pay the EMIs and what is the interest rate at which you pay interest on your principal amount. Home Loan EMI Calculator in Excel helps you to answer all these questions!
In this article, we will see how you can calculate Home Loan EMI, based on the loan interest rate and tenure. You can also download the Home Loan EMI calculator using the download link mentioned at the bottom of this article.
- Home Loan EMI Calculator Video
- What is Home Loan EMI
- Things to Know about Home Loan EMI
- Importance of Loan Interest Rate
- How Home Loan Calculator helps you
- How to Save Home Loan Interest
- Home Loan Prepayment Calculation Video
- Home Loan Calculator Example
- Tax Savings using Home Loan
- Some more videos
- DOWNLOAD HOME LOAN Excel CALCULATOR
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Home Loan EMI Calculator Video
Watch full video to know how much interest you’ll pay in your Home loan using examples and how you can decrease interest amount that you have to pay.
Most of us have a dream to own our own house. But at the same time, it is important to understand few things about the home loan that we opt for while buying a new house.
What is Home Loan EMI
- EMI stands for Equated Monthly Installment
- It includes repayment of the principal amount and payment of the interest on the outstanding amount of your home loan
- A longer loan tenure helps in reducing the EMI, but increases the interest amount you pay on your home loan
- Opt for higher home loan EMI to reduce your interest amount and tenure
- Basically, maximum EMI allowed will be 50% of your monthly income
Love Reading Books? Here are some of the Best Books you can Read: (WITH LINKS)
Things to Know about Home Loan EMI
- There are 2 parts of your EMI: Principal amount & Interest Amount
- Interest Amount is high initially during your Home Loan tenure
- Principal amount is less initially during your Home Loan tenure
- High interest amount is already taken at the initial home loan period from your EMIs
- You should pre pay most of your principal amount if you want to decrease maximum interest amount in your Home Loan
- You can easily calculate your Home loan EMI using excel calculator as we can see in above video
- Pre pay your home loan principal amount initially as much as you can to decrease interest amount that you have to pay throughout your loan tenure
- Increase in home loan tenure will increase the interest amount you’ll pay throughout your home loan tenure
Importance of Loan Interest Rate
- It is very important to know the interest rate of loan
- Compare the interest rates from various banks and financial institutions before applying for loan
- Know the difference between fixed and floating interest rates
- Go for floating interest rates to get benefits of interest rates decrease
- You interest amount in every EMI depends on this Interest rate
- More interest rate, more interest amount that you pay on your loan. Less interest rate, less interest amount you pay.
ALSO READ: PPF Calculator Excel | Public Provident Fund [VIDEO]
How Home Loan Calculator helps you
- Using an excel home loan calculator can help you know your monthly EMI
- You can provide the home loan tenure and loan interest rate in order to know how much interest you’ll pay
- You can also check the decrease in principal amount if you pre pay some of the principal amount
- Home Loan calculator will help you plan your other goals according to your monthly EMIs and pre payments
Income Tax Calculation FY 2023-24 Video
How to Save Home Loan Interest
- You can easily decrease the home loan interest amount by pre paying your principal amount
- Home Loan interest amount is calculated based on your outstanding principal amount remaining
- So in order to decrease the interest that you’ll pay, you need to decrease your outstanding principal amount
- The sooner you decrease your outstanding principal amount at the initial stages of loan tenure, more interest you’ll be saving
You can watch this below video to see how Home Loan Prepayments will help save Home Loan interest using Excel Examples. With Home Loan Prepayment of Rs. 1 Lac, you can save up to Rs. 68,442 in your entire Home Loan Tenure. Watch this video to see the calculation in excel.
Home Loan Prepayment Calculation Video
Home Loan Calculator Example
Loan Amount: Rs. 30,00,000
Interest rate: 6.95%
Tenure: 8 Years (96 Months)
As can be seen from above screenshot, you pay total of Rs. 39,19,348.31 during your entire Home Loan tenure.
Principal Amount = Rs. 30,00,000
Interest Amount = Rs. 9,19,348.31
Also, we can see that the interest amount is high initially, and it decreases with time. The highest (Rs. 17,375) in the first month
Whereas, principal amount is less initially, and it increases with time. The lowest (Rs. 23,451.54) in the first month.
Here is another screenshot after the end of Loan Tenure. As can be seen, principal amount is highest and interest amount is the lowest in the last month.
Save 30 Lakhs of Home Loan Interest Video
Tax Savings using Home Loan
- You can also Save income tax if you are paying home loan EMIs
- The principal amount you pay can be claimed under Section 80C (Maximum Rs. 1,50,000) to save your Income Tax
- The interest amount you pay can be claimed under Section 24 (Maximum Rs. 2,00,000) to save your Income Tax
Other Tax Savings investments include Public Provident Fund, National Savings Certificate, Employee Provident Fund and many other that helps you Save your Income Tax.
How to Save Income Tax Video
You can also Download my Android App – FinCalC to calculate your Income Tax and decide whether to choose Old or New Slab Rates while calculating Income Tax.
Some more videos
DOWNLOAD HOME LOAN Excel CALCULATOR
Please fill below details to DOWNLOAD Home Loan Excel Calculator:
Check out More online Calculators here including Income Tax, PPF, SIP, Home Loan Calculator and many more..
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. EMI refers to the ‘Equated Monthly Installment’ which is the amount you will pay on a specific date each month till the loan is repaid in full. The EMI comprises of the principal and interest components which are structured in a way that in the initial years of your loan, the interest component is much larger than the principal component, while towards the latter half of the loan, the principal component is much larger.
Q. What is a Home loan and how does it work?
Ans. Home loans are availed either for purchase of an under-construction or a ready property from a developer, purchase of a resale property, to construct a housing unit on a plot of land, to make improvements and extensions to an already existing house and to transfer your existing home loan.
Q. When can I make a home loan application?
Ans. You can apply for a Home Loan whilst you are working abroad, to plan for your return to India in the future. You can apply at any time once you have decided to purchase or construct a property, even if you have not selected the property or the construction has not commenced.
Q. When does my home loan EMIs start?
Ans. EMI’s begins from the month subsequent to the month in which disbursement of the loan is done. For loans for under-construction properties EMI usually begins after the complete home loan is disbursed but customers can choose to begin their emi’s as soon as they avail their fist disbursement and their emi’s will increase proportionately with every subsequent disbursement. For resale cases, since the whole loan amount is disbursed in one go, emi on the whole loan amount start from the subsequent to the month of disbursement
Q. How does your home loan repayment work?
Ans. A home loan is usually repaid through Equated Monthly Instalments (EMI).The EMI comprises of the principal and interest components which are structured in a way that in the initial years of your loan, the interest component is much larger than the principal component, while towards the latter half of the loan, the principal component is much larger.
Use Popular Calculators:
- Income Tax Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- HRA Calculator
- Step up SIP Calculator
- Savings Account Interest Calculator
- Lump sum Calculator
- FD Calculator
- RD Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
I’d love to hear from you if you have any queries about Personal Finance and Money Management.
JOIN Telegram Group and stay updated with latest Personal Finance News and Topics.
Download our Free Android App – FinCalC to Calculate Income Tax and Interest on various small Saving Schemes in India including PPF, NSC, SIP and lot more.
Follow the Blog and Subscribe to YouTube Channel to stay updated about Personal Finance and Money Management topics.
18 thoughts on “[VIDEO] Home Loan EMI Calculator using Excel | Principal & Interest Amounts Examples | Loan Prepayments Calculation”
Did not find any excel
Excel link is at the bottom of article
not found any Excel link at the bottom of article
could u pls send it over email – email@example.com
Excel to lock he?
download karke changes karo
Where is exel link?
not found any Excel link at the bottom of article
could u pls send it over email -firstname.lastname@example.org
Not found link
I like the home loan EMI interest calculator using excel format, this is fantastic information.
Great post This is very helpful to me and I was very impressed by your meaningful thoughts. Considering something really interesting about your blog, I saved it in Favorites.
Nice post so far. Thanks for sharing your amazing blog.